For those of you who are (inexcusably) not subscribed to Gnostalgic News, I thought I’d post an update here on some of the recent news.
• After the inevitable delays of haggling with TTB specialists over whether a particular botanical is safe or not (in spite of them being clearly listed in CFR 21 172.510), formula approval is only days away, and then production can finally resume!
• I signed up a distributor for Washington this week, and we’ll begin lining up accounts in about two weeks, after I have a chance to train the staff in Absinthe 101.
• Last month, Pete and I did a tasting at the annual benefit gala for University of Washington’s Henry Art Gallery. It was glamorous and glitzy and folks loved us. Although I suspect they were simply using us to get to the Marteau.
• This month, Absinthe Marteau is sponsoring The Moisture Festival, and will be served at all of the burlesque shows, playing at the Broadway Performance Hall (we’re huge burlesque and nouveau cirque fans). Pete, Trinity and I will be pouring at most of them.
• Next month, on April 5th, we’ll be pouring at The Sound of Silents with a Side of Schtick.
Things are picking up, and I’m looking forward to putting Marteau in a store near you!